Winter is coming. And it gets cold! But you know what they say, there’s no such thing as cold weather, just inappropriately dressed people. Did someone say that? So while winter coats for kids can get a little pricey, oftentimes they’re worth the investment. Especially for those of us who live in extreme conditions. Whether your kids spend their winter on the slopes skiing and boarding, or prefer low key snowman-building and sledding – a warm, water resistant jacket is important. Not to mention, it’s a necessity for those of us walking to school or waiting for the bus! Our picks below trap the heat inside, keeping them outside. Check out some of our favorites.
1. Patagonia Boys’ Hi-Loft Down Sweater Hoody – Buy It Here For $179
Lightweight and water-resistant, this coat is insulated with 600-fill-power Traceable Down. Available in other colors as well as girls’ styles.
2. Patagonia Girls Down Sweater Jacket – Buy It Here For $119
This coat is warm and compressible – which layers easily. Insulated with 600-fill-power Traceable Down. Available in other colors and patterns, as well as boys’ styles.
3. Boys’ Marmot Guides Down Hooded Jacket – Buy It Here For $135
Made of toasty warm down, this jacket features Down Defender – A technology that keeps fibers water resistant. Angel-Wing movement gives them full range of motion. Available in other colors, as well as girls’ styles.
4. Columbia Katelyn Crest Insulated Jacket – Girls’ – Buy It Here For $48
A 240-gram Farenhot synthetic insulation keeps them warm on the trails, and a removable faux fur hood adds the perfect touch for those who love to make a fashion statement. Available in other colors.
5. The North Face Andes Down Jacket – Boys’ – Buy It Here For $99
A 550-fill goose down and water resistant fabric keep them toasty and lock in the warmth. Also available in girls’ styles.
6. The North Face Indi 2 Hooded Knit Parka – Buy It Here For $120
Stylish and warm, with a brushed fleece lining and a hooded stand collar. Runs small.
7. Burton Game Day Insulated Jacket – Boys’ – Buy It Here For $130
Breathable waterproofing thanks to the DryRide Durashell, this jacket is warm, with room-to-grow sleeves and a hood that fits comfortably over a helmet. Also available in toddler sizes.
8. L.L.Bean Boys Maine Mountain Parker – Buy It Here For $129
Rated as L.L.Bean’s “warmest,” this windproof and water-resistant coat has a relaxed fit – so it’s comfortable and roomy. Also available in red, toddler sizes and girls’ styles.
9. L.L.Bean Fleece-Lined Down Jacket – Buy It Here For $89
With L.L.Bean’s “warmest” rating, this fleece-lined jacket is cozy, warm, and water-resistant. Also available in other colors, toddler sizes and boys’ styles.
10. The North Face Kids Reversible Mossbud Swirl Jacket – Buy It Here For $110
A reversible jacket? Yes! Two coats in one, with a wind-resistant exterior and soft fleece on the interior.
11. Obermeyer Kids Boys Fleet Jacket – Buy It Here For $140
They’ll be more than ready to hit the slopes with the interior goggle pocket, handwarmer pockets, headphone compatible chest pocket, adjustable cuffs with thumbholes, a fleece-lined collar and more!
12. Under Armour Kids CGR Yonders Parka – Buy It Here For $140
Water resistant, but breathable. ColdGear technology helps retain body heat to keep them warm, with a loose and generous fit. Faux fur hood is removable in case they aren’t feeling it.
13. Gap Down Tie-Belt Puffer Parka – Buy It Here For $128
Water-repellent shell with a microfleece-lined upper body. Made with duck down fill, this coat has removable faux fur hood trim, as well as a removable belt.
More Kids’ Stuff:
Stash It All In These Durable Backpacks This School Year
Get The 411 On The Hottest Toys This Christmas
Cool Stocking Stuffers For Teens And Tweens. For Real!
Best Books For Tweens and Teens That Love To Read